For 5 years now, I have been printing my images created with passion in order to share the magnificent scenes that I have the chance to witness during my outings in nature. Animals, landscapes, waves, water, you will find here unique photos taken mainly in Bas-Saint-Laurent and Gaspésie, for your home or workplace.
Constantly improving, I continue week after week to seek the best possible materials for all products sold online, from prints to postcards. In close collaboration with artisans from Rimouski, professionals in their fields, I offer you high quality frames and products, printed with love.
I am forever grateful for your support and your orders, which allow me day after day to continue doing what I love most, being in nature with our unique wildlife. Cheers and thank you.
Born and raised in Ontario, Canada, Jean-Christophe Lemay grew up in a tiny village called L'Orignal, far from any salt water, but still surrounded by nature. Passionate about sports, he had very little interest in art at the time. However, it was during his many trips to the United States from a young age that he fell in love with the ocean and all that it shelters, as well as wildlife and nature in general. He moved to Quebec in Rimouski in 2010 to pursue graduate studies in marine biology.
In 2010, he acquired his first waterproof camera to take pictures of waves and water between two surf sessions. Since 2015, he has been practicing photography formerly as an amateur, to now make a living from it and pursue his passion. Through his images, he wishes to highlight the rich natural heritage of Quebec and the world, in order to encourage people to conserve and protect natural environments, more specifically the marine environment. Jean-Christophe's photos have appeared in magazines such as Nature Sauvage, Canadian Geographic, Beside and more.
- Bronze Prize for "Freediver" at the Paris Photography Awards, 2022 -
- Silver Prize for "Seasons" at the Paris Photography Awards, 2022 -
- Honorable mention in the "Canadian Wildlife Photographer of the year" competition for "Méduse X Cap", 2022
- Third place in the "Landscapes" category of the Canadian Wildlife Federation photo contest, 2022
- First place in the wildlife category of the Nature Sauvage magazine photo contest, 2021
- Exhibitor Photo Festival "In the footsteps of Camille", Nogent-le-Rotrou, France, 2021
- Exhibitor at Villa Estevan des Jardins de Métis, Grand-Métis, Quebec, 2021
- Exhibitor at Mitis River Regional Park, Sainte-Flavie, Quebec, 2021
- First place category "Animals in action" of the Canadian Geographic annual photo contest, 2021
- Special jury prize Quebec color nature photo contest from Nature Sauvage magazine, 2020
- Honorable Mention at the International Photography Awards for "Dans la nuit", 2020
- Third place International Photography Awards for "Beluga" in the nature category, 2020
- Honorable mention at the International photography awards for "The rest of the fox", 2019
- Third place in the wildlife category of the Nature Sauvage magazine photo contest, 2019
- Exhibitor Desjardins Movement art gallery of UQAR, 2019
- Exhibitor art gallery of the old presbytery of Sainte-Flavie, 2019
- First place in the nature category - camera at the MEC Photo Expo, 2018
- First place in the Saint-Lawrence River category of the Nature Sauvage magazine photo contest, 2017
- First place photo competition of the Festival Marin des Escoumins, 2016
- Exhibitor art gallery of the old presbytery of Sainte-Flavie, 2016
Article in Action l'Echo concerning the exhibition in Nogent-le-Rotrou, France
Capsule "Un fleuve, une passion - sous la mer" in collaboration with Telus
Capsule "Rimouski, fièrement maritime" with the City of Rimouski
Capsule with La Fabrique Culturelle de Télé-Québec at Parc national du Lac-Témiscouata
Capsule with La Fabrique Culturelle of Télé-Québec
Capsule avec Beside Media - Beside the road